What many people do not know is that there are many different types of massage therapy options available today in Cary North Carolina. Some more soothing than others but all with specific health benefits depending on the application. Here is a simple guide to the different massage therapies.
Relaxation and stress relief massage therapies
These are the best types of massage you should get when you want to press the reset button on your body. They include:
- Swedish massage: It is the most popular type of massage therapy and what you probably think of when you hear the word massage. Swedish massages use techniques such as long sweep strokes, muscle kneading, friction, deep pressure and rhythmic tapping like chopping or pounding. This massage therapy is great for releasing cramped muscles, stress relief and relaxing.
- Hot stone massage: During a hot stone massage, the masseuse uses hot smooth stones to massage tour body. The result of this process is a scorching caress that leaves you relaxed and invigorated. Hot stone massages are great for relaxing very tense muscles, especially around the back and shoulders.
- Chair massage: A chair massage is often quick and can be done when fully dressed, without using any oils. Chair massages are great for relieving tension in the upper body.
Pain treatment massage therapies
Massages can also be used to alleviate specific illnesses or knotted muscles that require attentive techniques such as:
- Deep tissue massage: During this massage, the masseuse applies deep pressure to the specific problem points. It may feel like purposeful torture and the massage may leave you sore but it has profound effects on very dense tissue.
- Trigger point massage: This type of massage also focuses on specific problem areas instead of the entire body. The trigger point is the tight area within the muscle that can cause pain to other parts of the body. Massaging a trigger point in the back can reduce neck pain.
Massage for overall health
You can get an overall energy boost from:
- Shiatsu massage: An ancient massage technique that combines gentle stretches with finger pressure to fix imbalances in the flow of energy in the body.
- Thai massage: This works on the entire body through rigorous manipulation of the body by means of repeated stretches. The masseuse uses every part of their body including knees, legs and feet!
- Sports massages: This is designed for the physically active individuals and combines techniques from other massage therapies like Swedish, Shiatsu and Thai, concentrating on parts of the body that are related to the sport.
For the best massage therapy in Cary, book an appointment with us today!