Manipulation of muscle tissue can cause a lot of relaxation as well as pain relief when carried out by a professional. There are various types of massage therapy in Cary available today including:
- Shiatsu massage: this type of massage therapy originates from Japan. The masseuse uses their fingers at varied and rhythmic pressure targeted on precise points of the body called acupressure points to bring relief and relaxation. These acupressure points are considered important in the flow of the body’s vital energy or Chi.
- Thai Massage: as the name suggest originates from Thailand. It is much more physical than any other type of massage therapy because the masseuse can use their entire body to move the client into a variety of positions. There is mobilization of joints, acupressure as well as compression of muscles.
- Hot stone massage: carefully selected smooth stones are heated and placed on acupressure points of the body. The hot stones can also be used as massage tools along with other techniques to sooth and relax the body.
- Reflexology: reflexology or a foot massage uses the hands and thumbs to stimulate specific areas of the foot that correspond to different parts of the body to promote health and well-being.
- Pregnancy massage: with the major changes that occur in the body during pregnancy, a massage could help reduce stress, decrease swelling in the arms and legs as well as relieve muscle pain. Pregnancy massages are highly recommended since the use of medication is often limited.
Health benefits of massage therapy
One of the major reasons why people get massage therapy in Cary is to relax. However, there are other benefits of getting massages. They include
- Massage therapy is quite effective in relieving back pain and it can reduce the need to use painkillers by about 36%.
- Massages can also help to reduce headaches and the number and intensity of migraines for people suffering from this condition. Relieving headaches helps one to sleep better.
- Osteoarthritis is a condition that causes pain in the joints of the body. Massage therapy helps to relieve pain, reduce stiffness and improve function of limbs for people suffering from osteoarthritis. An hour of massage once or twice a week can have amazing results.
- Massage therapy also helps to relieve anxiety by lowering the body cortisol levels and increasing the level of neurotransmitters that reduces depression.
Get the best massage in Cary NC, book a session with Nirvelli Day Spa. Call us today!