There is more to a massage than a pleasant way to relax the body. Over the years, massage has proven to be a successful and productive treatment for many medical conditions. Research being conducted on the health benefits of massage therapy in a clinical setting has substantially shown its effectiveness in healing and recovery.
Here are some of the conditions that have responded well to massage therapy:
- Fibromyalgia – massage therapy reduces the flare-ups and pain in the muscles and tissues.
- Asthma & Bronchitis
- Recovering from major surgery such as heart bypass surgery
- Breast Cancer & other types of cancer
- Carpal Tunnel – The condition that causes pain and reduces the mobility of the wrist
- Arthritis & Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Common cold and flu
- Headaches & Migraines
- Sports injuries
- Muscle sprains and strains
- Frozen Shoulder – relieves inflammation, stiffness, and pain
- Tennis Elbow
- Rotator Cuff Syndrome –Injuries caused by trauma, straining of muscles, and even those that were treated by surgery heal faster
- Myofascial Pain Syndrome
- Physical pain: tense muscles, neck, back, shoulder, knee or elbow pains
Massage therapy, especially when administered in the early stages of a developing condition, reduces and may even eliminate the need for medication or surgery. This form of treatment has been paired with other therapies such as chiropractic treatment, and now it is also used in some cancer clinics, OBGYN offices, orthopedic centers and many private massage practices. It works both as a treatment for health conditions and a fitness strategy for clients undergoing it. Massage therapy is no longer restricted to luxurious uses; it has become an integral part of life, one powerful enough to restore optimal health to any suffering individual.
For more information on massage therapy or to make an appointment contact Nirvelli Day Spa at 919-297-0107.